STATEMENT REGARDING THE CORONAVIRUS
Oshawa Little Theatre remains committed to maintaining a healthy environment for our patrons, staff, and members. With that commitment at the forefront, Oshawa Little Theatre has suspended all activities at the theatre for the foreseeable future. We remain vigilant and we are prepared to make decisions based on current public health and business advisories, as well as in response to changing conditions. An operations steering committee is in place to help the Board make responsible and practical decisions while the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve.
The following suspensions and adjustments to our calendar are currently in place:
· Dirty Rotten Scoundrels will defer its performances for the forseeable future, but it remains our intention for this to be the next production to open on our stage. Season 19/20 subscribers and existing ticket holders will be contacted again regarding rebooking options as soon as schedules become more clear. No further sales transactions will be processed for this production until the new performance dates are determined. At this time, we are anticipating that the show will open in the fall.
· Rehearsals for the Youth Group production of Cinderella have stopped and, with regret, the youth group programs - both our performance and technical disciplines - are now concluded for the season. Current ticket holders will be contacted with options for refund or deferral. While we are very disappointed to have had to make this decision, the Board is now securing arrangements to retain our performance royalty for next year. We will be presenting the current Youth Group members with a casting offer in that regard recognizing their efforts and dedication to the program this year.
· It is with regret that all rental events at Oshawa Little Theatre that were scheduled up to and including July 2, 2020 are cancelled. For productions where tickets were sold through our box office, existing ticket holders are now being contacted to process an applicable refund. For other performances affected by these cancellations, ticket holders are asked to speak with the dance academies or applicable producer directly.
· Registration for the Summer Program scheduled to run between July 6 and August 14 will not open until the theatre resumes full operations. We are continuing with our planning activities to ensure that we are immediately ready to accept registrations once all present restrictions are lifted. The viability of this program is being reviewed weekly.
· Announcement of our 2020/2021 season is on hold. We are eager to formally announce our show selections for next season, and determined to present more of the quality theatre you have come to expect at OLT. However, we must first establish an achievable performance commitment for the balance of our current season. Subscription renewals will be welcomed as soon as our performances of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels are confirmed.
· In-person box office services are suspended. Inquiries received by email or voice message will be checked frequently by our Patron Services Manager and responded to as efficiently as possible.
This information will be updated as and when the situation changes. We thank our patrons, staff and members for their patience during this unprecedented time. We love (and miss) the theatre craft and couldn't be more committed to having all our programs back in operation as soon as circumstances are appropriate.
President, Oshawa Little Theatre
updated: April 16, 2020