Registration for our 2020 summer program will open as soon as theatre operations resume. Consistent with prior years, the program will offer three two-week sessions.
Check back at this page for links to our registration portal and fee schedule. Advance questions regarding the program can be directed to the Board's Education Director here In light of the ever changing pandemic situation, the viability of this program is being continually evaluated. Curriculum, programming and administrative preparations are actively underway at this time to ensure we are ready to open registrations and deliver this propular program once permitted by governing health bodies.
About the Sessions
MUSICAL THEATRE BOOTCAMP (AGES 7 AND UP)
July 6-10, 13-17th (10 days)
August 4-7, 10-14th (9 days)
Love to sing? Love to act? Love to dance? If so, then this two-week session is the program for you! Learn what it takes to be involved in putting on a musical! In this session, you will partake in daily physical and vocal warm-ups, before being coached in acting, singing, and dancing to prepare for the final musical production! Throughout the two weeks, you will have the opportunity to work with Directors (who will teach you essential skills like line delivery, pacing, and character development), Musical Directors (who will teach you about singing, breath, voice projection and tone), Choreographers (who will teach you posture, how to move onstage, and how to learn choreo). Our dynamic instructors will teach essential life skills such as public speaking, responsibility, commitment, confidence, and teamwork. There will also be opportunities for kids interested in backstage theatre roles as opposed to performance. Interested participants will learn about and have the opportunity to run behind the scenes jobs such as hair, make-up, stage management, set design/construction, costuming, lighting, and sound. This is the perfect session for anyone aspiring to one day join an Oshawa Little Theatre production including the Youth Group!
TRIPLE THREAT TOOLBOX (AGES 7 AND UP)
July 20-24, 27-31st (10 days)
Build your actor’s ‘toolbox’ through this intensive program designed to teach you everything you need to know about being a performer! Jam-packed with a myriad of workshops throughout the session, you will receive instruction by experts in voice work, stage movement, physical theatre, character development, classical theatre, improv, and technical production. In addition, instruction in the “art of auditioning” will allow you to experience the process of auditioning for a real-life production and help them develop the necessary skills and confidence to do so. Throughout the session, you will be able to complete an actor's resume, have your headshot taken professionally, and receive training on how to select and prepare appropriate audition pieces. These tools of the trade will help you communicate with others, build your confidence, increase your imagination, and stretch your creativity! This highly interactive program is perfect for any actor looking to sample a wide range of elements related to the theatre arts, from beginner thespians to seasoned performers looking to further develop their overall acting skills and get a new perspective on theatre. A final workshop performance will give you the opportunity to prove you have all the necessary tools to fill your toolbox to the brim!
- Each session is a ten-day/two-week commitment, with only the third session reduced to nine days to accommodate Civic Holiday long weekend. Registration fees are based on full-session attendance. There is no reduced rate for partial-week participation, and no credit for days missed.
- Fees for each session will be posted here shortly.
- The fees cover your child's participation in the sessions, and all the materials we require for the successful delivery of the program. Additional fees for optional items such as pizza lunches and extended care outside of the session times may apply.
- Upon registration, a minimum deposit is due of $100 per student per session. The balance is due on or before the first day of each session.
- A discount may be available to returning families who are registering more than one participant in our programs.
- All sessions will be held at the Oshawa Little Theatre facility at 62 Russett Avenue. Participants are to be dropped off and picked up from this location.
- Our programming is suitable for participants aged 7 to 16.
- Respecting a safe learning environment, our theatre is a scent-free space and we ask that any food/beverages brought with your child to the theatre are respectful of the usual allergy considerations.
Following many years of successful summer theatre programs at Oshawa Little Theatre, we are thrilled to offer an exciting opportunity again for your child this summer. Participants need not have any prior theatre or stage experience; just an interest in the performing arts; we'll handle the rest!