Oshawa Little Theatre Audition Call Notice - The Wizard of Oz – Adult Production
Performance Dates: Mar 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, Apr 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 2023
Producer: Amy Lawrence
Director: Janet Gilliland
Choreographer: Alexandra Lembo
Musical Director: Miguel Esteban
Stage Manager: Mikayla Gilliland
All auditions, rehearsals and performances will be at Oshawa Little Theatre, 62 Russett Avenue, Oshawa. Anyone casted must be a member in good standing with the Oshawa Little Theatre.
Sunday, Nov 20, 2022 (12:00 noon - 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
Callback Auditions (if required)**
Wednesday, Nov 23, 2022 (7:00 pm - 10:00 pm)
Sunday, Nov 27, 2022 (6:00 pm -10:00 pm)
To Book an Audition
Auditions must be pre-booked. Please email Mikayla Gilliland at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot. Auditions are in 4 blocks to accommodate both vocals and dance. Indicate your preferred Block # in your email.
The Audition Blocks are as follows:
Block #1 - 12:00 pm - 2:15 pm
Block #2 - 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Block #3 - 5:00 pm - 7:15 pm
Block #4 - 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm.
Please enter by the main doors of the theatre and check in at the lobby.
Prepare a musical theatre song that is up to a minute and a half long in the style of the Wizard of Oz and bring your own sheet music in a binder.
Wear appropriate clothing and footwear for the dance portion of your audition.
Rehearsals will be held Sundays from 6:00 pm -10:00 pm, and Mondays and Wednesdays from 7:00 pm -10:00 pm.
Our first Rehearsal and Meet and Greet will be Sunday, December 4, 2022. December rehearsals are Dec 4, 5, 7, 14, 18, 19 and 21, 2022. After the Christmas break, rehearsals will resume on January 8, 2023.
Please Note: We will break for 2 weeks over the Christmas Holidays; however, March Break is mandatory.
There will be one extended Sunday rehearsal (tech day) leading up to opening night, as well as one or two additional Thursday rehearsals leading up to opening night.
March 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, April 1, 2 (matinee), 6, 7, 8 (matinee)
Cast must be available for ALL performances and be members of Oshawa Little Theatre. The matinee performances are scheduled for 2:00 PM. The evening performances are scheduled for 7:30 PM.
The age ranges listed below represent a general approximation.
- Leads must be 16 years old and older
- Ensemble cast must be 9 years old and older.
Aunt Em / Glinda
Uncle Henry / Oz Guard
Hunk / Scarecrow
Hickory / The Tin Man
Zeke / Lion
Miss Gulch / The Wicked Witch
Professor Marvel / The Wizard
Ensemble 9 years old and older and may take on more than one role.
The Munchkins: Singing roles include:
• The Mayor – Declamatory and pompous
• The Coroner – Scientific and sure of himself
• The Barrister – Nit-picky
• City Fathers – Official
• Lollipop Guild – (Male children’s roles) Industrious and tough
• Lullaby League – (Female children’s roles) Sweet and serene
• Braggart, Fiddler, School Teachers
Singing roles include:
• Beauticians, Polishers, and Manicurists: Bright, helpful, and efficient while making over Dorothy and her friends.
• Oz Men and Women: Confused and scared of the Witch’s message in the sky
Speaking role includes:
• Winkie General: Matter-of-fact, and simple
The Flying Monkeys:
“Speaking” role includes:
• Nikko, Commander of the Monkeys: The witch’s collaborator, he speaks in gibberish.
Speaking role includes:
• The King of the Jitterbugs: Jocular, a mischief maker, a great dancer, and a loud whistler.
Non-Paying and Non-Equity Subject to any public health requirements or OLT Board requirements The Oshawa Little Theatre is committed to diverse, and inclusive casting. We welcome applications from all performers, without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, disability, race, colour, national origin, sexual